Contact/Links
100% Content
April 8th, 2009

Maureeny Wishfull

jimmy-page-the-maureeny-wish-372493

moonshine

Imagine if Jimmy Page never joined Led Zeppelin. Then imagine if, instead, he struck off into the English countryside with a few friends to make a folk record that sounded like a combination of early Donovan and The Incredible String Band with sitar thrown in for good measure. It’d be pretty rad. It’d probably sound a lot like Maureeny Wishfull because, well, that’s exactly what Maureeny Wishfull is.

Released on the Moonshine label with pre-Zeppelin Jimmy on guitar / sitar, this is a very rare privately-pressed album that also features John Williams and Big Jim Sullivan. Rumored to have been just 300 or so copies pressed, this legendary piece is one of the great Page/Zeppelin-linked collectors items. Say what you will about Zeppelin, but this record is damn good.

[ download ] I Know, You Know Too

Maureeny Wishfull

Gypsy Girl and the Poor Boy

[ download ] The Maureeny Wishfull Album

=tyler=

7 Comments »

1. “Say what you will about Zeppelin, but this record is damn good.”
    What I think you meant to say was.. If this is half as good as Zeppelin , then it’s damn good.

Comment by Bruce Leaf — April 9, 2009 @ 3:46 pm
  2. wow!! I never knew. thank you for this.

Comment by Jay — April 9, 2009 @ 8:46 pm
  3. i’ve been playing this through a few times today, its good good good

Comment by Allen — April 10, 2009 @ 7:00 am
  4. no shame in saying that led zeppelin kicks ass.

this is ridiculously good stuff. thanks for sharing it.

Comment by chadwilbur — April 10, 2009 @ 10:36 pm
  5. Thankyou once again for some great music.

Comment by jamie — April 11, 2009 @ 7:39 pm
  6. I enter in Naturalismo site every week, and just have to congratulate all the wrighters of this place, that’s one of my favorite blogs. But I never made any comment, usually i just read and hear the musics.
    The thing is,I simply love new weird america style, but my favorite band always was Led Zeppelin with no doubt. Page is my idol, and have the opportunity to hear this rare magnific work is really something to me. I had to make an comment.
    Keep with good work guys!

Comment by Beto Macedo — April 12, 2009 @ 2:02 am
  7. listening to this, Maureeny Wishfull, has endeared me to my teenage memories of the lilt in Jimmy’s playing throughout many of Led Zeppelin’s notable songs. the folky charm heard in the swagger of strings is idyllic.

Comment by cheri — April 17, 2010 @ 7:08 am