Contact/Links
100% Content
July 24th, 2009

Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape

coppertones

I’ve been working on this mix for the past few weeks and I think it’s finally at the point where I’m content with where it has ended up. It was actually resolved from two separate mixes I had planned to put out on Naturalismo. The first was an early seventies mix highlighted with a heavy dose of some songs that I felt were especially influential right now in what is going on in newer tunes being made. I’ll spare you the tangent, but it seems pretty apparent to me that a lot of music right now has some of that early 70’s warm tonal vibe going on. The second, a summer mix, was focusing on artists that I feel are crafting some of the more interesting and innovative soundscapes around right now. Well, that and a few balmy summer songs that would just be nice to let resonate and air out in the breeze of some sunny backyard BBQ.  Anyways, it became pretty apparent to me that the two mixes meshed perfectly together and well… hope you enjoy. I think this is probably my favorite mix I’ve cultivated in awhile.

Some highlights on Copper Tones that you may or may not have heard before:

We All Together – Tomorrow

Peruvian band from 1973 that were obsessed with solo era McCartney/Lennon… unbelievably catchy and dare I say out McCartney’s McCartney at times.

Paul McCartney – Ram On

Giant influence on We All Together, off his 2nd solo album Ram which is probably one of the most underrated albums ever.

Real Estate – Snow (instrumental)

To my ears thus far, these dudes can really do no wrong. Really, really talented musicians.

The Beach Boys – All I Wanna Do

Hey it’s Ariel Pink-40 years prior. Hard to believe what Brian Wilson was tapping into at this point.

Alright now download the full mix..

Download| Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape

14 – Juliana Barwick – Bode

15 – Atlas Sound (w Noah Lennox) – Walkabout

16 – Toro y Moi – Blessa

17 – Dead Mellotron – I Hate The Way Things Are

18 – Brian Eno – Some Of Them Are Old

19 – Arthur Russell – Goodbye Old Paint

20 – Bob Dylan – Love Minus Zero_No Limit (Live Recorded 1971)

21 – Real Estate – Snow (Instrumental)

22 – Ganglians – Cryin’ Smoke

23 – Wendy Rene – Give You What I Got

24 – Tonstartssbandht – Softly Kidding

Devin

http://naturalismo.us/7 – Paul and Linda McCartney – Ram On.mp3

34 Comments »

1. This is incredible. Thank you

Comment by Michelle — July 24, 2009 @ 8:05 pm
  2. well done as always. i’m glad the lord made blogs, only so that yours could exist.

Comment by iamme — July 24, 2009 @ 11:16 pm
  3. Oh yes, and love minus, always fantastic. My favorite song of all time I think. No chorus, just poetry.

Comment by iamme — July 25, 2009 @ 12:07 am
  4. devooone! i’m missing getting familiar with these huge jams driving around in the honda. Glad to see the list, now you need to write about the movement. ride on.

Comment by joel — July 25, 2009 @ 12:44 am
  5. This is great, thanks

Comment by Ryan — July 25, 2009 @ 3:48 am
  6. mix-magic – fantastic stuff – Ant in London, England

Comment by Anthony — July 25, 2009 @ 12:47 pm
  7. thoroughly enjoying this mix. thank you kindly.

Comment by Jesse — July 26, 2009 @ 3:26 am
  8. […] Naturalismo – Copper Tones […]

9. Freshhhh. Lovely stuff, cheers

Comment by Tom — July 27, 2009 @ 7:07 pm
  10. Wonderful

Comment by Lib — July 28, 2009 @ 4:30 am
  11. thank you for existing, otherwise I wouldn’t have known about julianna barwick. it’s probably the same feeling as coming upon a pot o’ gold! didnae know you were here in socal. amazing mix, this is a playlist fit to bathe in

Comment by flora — July 31, 2009 @ 1:09 am
  12. thanx so much for this mix… love it

Comment by MSchr — July 31, 2009 @ 9:44 am
  13. Totally made my summer! thanks a bunch!

Comment by nathan rea — July 31, 2009 @ 9:39 pm
  14. […] Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape […]

Pingback by The Two Sides of Tim Cohen « naturalismo — August 4, 2009 @ 11:27 pm
  15. dang. this is soo good.
    thank you.

Comment by liana — August 13, 2009 @ 6:31 pm
  16. […] lot of the music coming out of Underwater Peoples artist line-up. I covered several artists on the Copper Tones Summer mix but check the line-up below and follow some of their links to hear […]

17. […] Polaroids at the Beach Friendship Bracelet – Friendship Bracelet Club Naturalismo – Copper Tones Bedwetting Cosmonaut – Summer mix Rose Quartz – Summer Mixx 2 The Cardbirdseat – […]

18. […] that with its shimmery guitar and summer shuffle percussion, probably should have made it onto Copper Tones, . They definitely are a band to keep an eye on that hasn’t gotten too much press yet. It […]

Pingback by Norse Horse / Forest Swords « naturalismo — August 21, 2009 @ 7:42 pm
  19. Isn’t this a Mike Love Beach Boys song, not Brian Wilson?

Comment by WYatttt — August 26, 2009 @ 6:02 pm
  20. It was written by both Brian Wilson and Mike Love.

Comment by Edvard — August 26, 2009 @ 6:19 pm
  21. Phantasm is one of the best songs ever written.

Comment by Astrid Quay — September 27, 2009 @ 8:43 pm
  22. Agreed

Comment by Edvard — September 27, 2009 @ 10:27 pm
  23. The link is broken…[el link está roto]
    Would you mind fix it?
    Saludos desde Córdoba, Argentina, América del Sur

Comment by Flopa — November 15, 2009 @ 2:00 pm
  24. yes. please re-upload this.

Comment by Growing — June 12, 2010 @ 5:17 pm
  25. please re-up that link!

Comment by LemonJello — July 1, 2011 @ 7:37 pm
  26. […] Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape | Know PhaseJul 24, 2009 … Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape. coppertones. I’ve been working on this mix for the past few weeks and I think it’s finally at the … […]

Pingback by Naturalismo coppertones | Mygeneticherit — July 11, 2012 @ 11:52 am
  27. Yet, never before, have there been so many experts or products available to
    assist us to get rid of weight. It was a little study plus much more research needs to be done, but
    the answers are looking favorable. When you reduce weight it occurs during the entire
    body rather than in isolated locations thus you need
    to understand that you need to shed weight all over your body to acquire more visible and
    defined abs.

Comment by washington u weight loss and menopause — October 2, 2015 @ 8:21 pm
  28. best cure for hives

Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape | Know Phase

Trackback by best cure for hives — December 11, 2015 @ 3:18 pm
  29. curing keratosis pilaris fast

Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape | Know Phase

Trackback by curing keratosis pilaris fast — December 19, 2015 @ 8:02 pm
  30. best cure for hidradenitis suppurativa

Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape | Know Phase

Trackback by best cure for hidradenitis suppurativa — December 30, 2015 @ 9:05 pm
  31. marmot ointment to cure joint ache

Copper Tones: Naturalismo Summer Mixtape | Know Phase

Trackback by marmot ointment to cure joint ache — December 31, 2015 @ 11:54 am
  32. Hello, i think i saw you visited my blog thus i stumbled on return the
    favor.I am just trying to find items to enhance my site!I suppose its
    ok to work with a few of your opinions!!

Take a look at my webpage: AndyFCopen

Comment by AndyFCopen — March 11, 2016 @ 10:48 am
  33. I have to to be grateful for this fantastic read!!
    I absolutely loved every little it. I’ve got you saved like
    a favorite to check out new stuff you post

Visit my weblog … EdisonPKazee