Contact/Links
100% Content
July 13th, 2010

nick nicely mixtape for naturalismo

I keep catching myself questioning the reality of every letter typed as I write this out, but nick nicely has graciously sent me over a mixtape this week. I could pretty much quit writing after this post because that has to be one of the most amazing things to come out of writing for Naturalismo. If you haven’t spent any time with his album psychotropia, stop what you’re doing and go buy it now. Psychotropia is a masterpiece of aurora borealis sparked psychedelia that really is quite unlike anything that came before (or after) it. It’s criminally underrated and just about everyone that I’ve played any of the songs for has immediately become a rabid fan. His music influence reaches far and more recently artists such as Ariel Pink, John Maus and Holy Shit have channeled some of his sonic innovations. As always, I’d so much rather have an artist convey where they’re at musically with music instead of words. So without further ado, nick nicely’s mixtape for naturalismo:

Download: nick nicely: mixtape for naturalismo

(Link has been updated and the tracks are better labeled)

Have a listen to the serene alternate mix of one of my personal favorite tracks by nick nicely that is at the midpoint of the mix:

nick nicely – on the beach (alt. mix)

Tracklist

1. Olivia Tremor Control….Tropical Bells
2.Paul Giovani……………..Maypole (from the Wickerman)
3.Phoenix…………………. Countdown (sick for the big sun)
4.Olivia Tremor Control…..Sleepy Company
5.nick nicely……………….On The Beach (alternate take)
6.Shangri-las………………Remember (Walking In The Sand )
7.The Eels.………………..Susan’s House
8. John Maus…………….. Do Your Best
9.Spiritualized……………. Do It All Over Again
10. Caribou………………. Bowls
11. Neil Diamond………… Solitary Man

10 Comments »

1. […] Perfect. Shangri-Las- Remember (Walking In The Sand) was plucked from the Nick Nicely mixtape for Naturalismo. […]

2. i spent weeks and weeks listening to Psychotropia and it’s only tonight that i find your article and this amazing mixtape!
    i was lucky enough to find it on soulseek, but hey maybe a re-up would be (nick)nice. just saying.
    all in the dark, listening to “the other side” and “hilly fields (1892)” on repeat.
    thank you.

did you listen to his release on burger records? couldn’t get my hands on that one…

Comment by Galunta — June 24, 2012 @ 12:31 am
  3. Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue along with your
    web site in webb explorer, would test this?
    IE still iis the market leader and a big sechtion of other peoplee will pass over your excellent writing due to this
    problem.

Comment by hip hop instrumentals For sale — July 28, 2014 @ 8:39 am
  4. Hurrah! After alll I got a website from where I can genuinely take valuable data regarding my stuydy and knowledge.

Comment by safety meeting programs — July 28, 2014 @ 9:33 am
  5. certainly like your web-site however you
    have to chrck the spelling on quite a few of yoiur posts.
    Many off them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the
    reality then again I’ll certainly come back again.

Comment by Jina — August 4, 2014 @ 6:54 pm
  6. For latest information you have to go to seee worod
    wide weeb and on the web I founnd thyis web page aas a best web page for hottest updates.

Comment by best los angeles private investigator — September 6, 2014 @ 1:00 am
  7. You can definiely see your expertise in the article you write.
    The arena hopess for more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe.
    All the time go after your heart.

Comment by carpet cleaning Atlanta GA — September 23, 2014 @ 9:41 am
  8. WOW just wɦat I was loοking for. Came here by searching for influences

Comment by comment-229142 — October 2, 2014 @ 4:53 am
  9. Hey there! Do you know if they make any
    plugins to assist with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for sopme targeted keywords but I’m noot seeing
    very goood success. If you know of any please share.
    Kudos!

My homepage home

Comment by home — October 13, 2014 @ 12:22 am
  10. wwhoah this weblog is great i really like studying your posts.
    Stay up the good work! You already know, a lot off persons are searching around for this information, you can aid them greatly.

Alsoo visit my web-site Breastfeeding